The RIAS Awards / RIBA Awards for Scotland 2017 are now open for entry.
Submission to the RIAS Awards entitles entrants to be considered for the following awards:
- RIAS Awards (including RIAS/ Forestry Commission Scotland/Wood for Good Timber Award, RIAS/Historic Environment Scotland Conservation and Climate Change Award, the RIAS/Saint-Gobain Emerging Architect Award, RIAS/Scottish Government Scotland's Client of the Year Award) and RIAS/Zero Waste Scotland Resource Efficiency Award,
- RIAS Andrew Doolan Award
- RIBA Awards (including National Award, Client of the Year Award, RIBA House of the Year, Stephen Lawrence Prize)
- RIBA Stirling Prize
To enter for an RIBA Award the entrant must be a current RIBA Chartered member or RIBA International Fellow.
The Stephen Lawrence Prize rewards the best examples of projects that have a construction budget of less than £1 million and is intended to encourage fresh talent working with smaller budgets. Whilst continuing to recognise the overriding importance of design, the 2016 jury will also attach high importance to the role of architects under 40 in the shortlisted projects, whether working as principals or as project leaders in a more established practice.
The RIAS Saint-Gobain Emerging Architect Award is open to project architects of RIAS Award submissions who were under the age of 40 on 31 December 2016.
Entries which have been previously submitted can be re-submitted but only for RIBA (National) Awards. Projects may only be re-submitted once. The full entry fee will be payable.
All types of architectural projects are eligible, including conservation, conversions, extensions, interiors, new-build, public realm, regeneration and restoration. Entries to the RIAS Awards 2017 may be submitted by architects, clients or users. However all projects require client approval and must meet the entry criteria below. Submitted projects should:
- be located in Scotland,
- have a Chartered architect as principal of the practice, lead designer or project manager,
- have a minimum of 20% of qualifying staff as RIAS members (Scottish based entrants) or a minimum of 20% of qualifying staff as RIBA members or overseas equivalent (entrants outwith Scotland),
- projects may be re-entered but will only be considered for RIBA Awards (full fee applies) and
- have been completed between 1st January 2014 and 24th February 2017 (RIAS Awards) and 1st January 2015 and 24th February 2017 (RIBA Awards).
The submission deadline is no later than 12.00 Noon, Friday 24th February 2017.
If you wish to enter, please request the entry form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RIAS Awards are generously sponsored by:
- Forestry Commission Scotland/Wood For Good
- Historic Environment Scotland
- Scottish Government
- Zero Waste Scotland.
The RIAS Awards will be announced at a ceremony at Murrayfield Stadium on 14th June 2017. The dinner is generously sponsored by: