Contract: Permanent August - June annually
(The EAA office is closed for 4 weeks in July)
Contract will be subject to a 6 month probationary period
Responsible to: EAA President and Council
Hours: 12 hours per week
Location EAA office, 15 Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2BE.
Some remote working may also be possible
Commencement of post: Immediate
The Edinburgh Architectural Association (EAA) is a charitable body and Chapter of the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland, representing and supporting over 1300 Chartered Architect and student members across Edinburgh, the Lothians, parts of Fife and the Scottish Borders.
We are looking for an experienced administrator to support the day to day running of the organisation. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that all transactions and administrative activities associated with the operation of the charity are recorded and conducted in a professional manner. The position involves supporting the EAA President and Council in the delivery of a variety of tasks. The administrator will require high levels of organisational and communication skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as with the EAA membership and outside bodies.
- Issue papers in support of monthly meetings of EAA Council
- Assist with organising the annual programme of lectures and events in collaboration with the EAA CPD sub-group. Includes setting up and managing online booking system, booking venues, liaising with speakers and promoting through bulk email, website and social media.
- Organise and promote EAA Annual Architectural Awards and Ceremony. Responsibilities include launching and promoting the awards, receiving and managing submissions, liaising with judges, practices and building users, organising judging visits, obtaining sponsorship and full responsibility for awards event and exhibition.
- Organise and support AGM
- Maintain records of Income and expenditure and reconcile with bank statements. Settlement of Accounts payable and preparation of Bank Account pay ins. Liaise with Honorary Treasurer on cash flow and expenditure. Prepare and forward accounts to auditors for completion before AGM
- Provide administrative support to EAA President and Vice Presidents and Council members
- Manage and update website and social media accounts
- Manage correspondence including e-mails and telephone enquiries, relating to the EAA
- Liaise with RIAS, other Chapters and other professional organisations
- Manage EAA library collection, liaising with Honorary Librarian
The EAA would expect the post holder to demonstrate the following:
- high standard of written and spoken English,
- excellent organisational skills and attention to detail,
- the ability to work both remotely on own initiative and as part of a team,
- proficiency across full Microsoft Office package,
- proficiency in website and media channels,
- communication skills including social media
Please send completed EAA job application form and CV to: Julie Wilson President@eaa.org.uk
Closing date 14th September 2018
For more information on the Edinburgh Architectural Association please visit www.eaa.org.uk