Signal Architects are a design led practice based in Aberdour Fife, with a wide portfolio of interesting residential and commercial projects. We are at an exciting stage in our development and we are seeking candidates with excellent design and client facing skills, backed up by the technical knowledge to help deliver the practices expanding workload. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to help the practice develop its offer at a critical time and continue to deliver the high quality we have become known for.
Responsible for helping the principal manage the office workload and design output, looking after the day to day running of projects, dealing with project and office administration and ensuring the delivery of excellent client care.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Part 2-Qualified Architectural Assistant / or recently qualified Architect with a min 2 yrs post qualification experience and previous experience working in a busy, pressured professional office.
QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Positive, friendly and helpful demeanour – enjoys working with clients and contractors in a small team.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
- Strong Design and Technical knowledge and a willingness to learn and develop.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Dependable and flexible – can think on your feet and juggle several things at once.
- Able to think ahead, take the initiative and anticipate the next steps in a project.
- A high attention to detail.
- Hungry to learn and develop.
- Driver and be eligible to work in this country.
- Good understanding of current technical standards.
- Interest in modern Domestic and Residential design and adapting historic buildings.
- Interest in environmental issues and a practical approach to their implementation.
- Excellent presentations skills.
- Flexible working hours and conditions.
- Competitive salary / rates.
- A good mix of high quality projects across different genres.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Unique opportunity to help develop and influence the business in a positive way.
- Friendly studio in a lovely coastal location.
- Vectorworks 2017 (ACAD and REVIT users can easily adapt.)
- SKETCH-UP or equivalent 3D modelling software essential and some Photoshop experience would be an advantage.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE. Word and Excel.
Please send your CV with examples of your work (max 5MB) to email@example.com
tel: 01383 860941