We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Architect to join our team.
You will be expected to work on a variety of project types, at all stages, both independently and as part of a team.
- Supporting Management and running of architectural projects within the Practice
- Ability, skill and motivation to act as independent project architect with support from senior staff
- Taking responsibility for leading and managing projects from concept design stage, through development of design and all necessary stages or applications for statutory approvals, production information, specifications, tender process, including carrying out inspections of projects on site, as defined by the RIBA Plan of Work;
- Managing project profitability and organisation of resources and co-ordination of projects, including managing variations of brief or instructions and action to recover additional fees;
- Drawing and presentational skills in tasks reflecting all stages of RIBA Plan of Work
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Understanding of building technologies and environmental design and ability to employ structural practice, construction techniques and processes relevant to the production of information encompassing all stages of the RIBA Plan of Work;
- Knowledge of technical standards, regulatory frameworks and health & safety;
- Directing and managing other supporting staff in the delegation of work to allow the provision of assistance on projects as necessary;
- Liaising with and taking instructions and guidance from Director in programming workload and managing projects;
- With guidance from Director attend CPD courses as appropriate;
- Uphold the ethos of the Company in terms of professional and design standards as set out in the Practice Handbook;
- Understand the professional duty of care arising from the relationships between clients and architects, employer and employee;
- Supporting the Practice in the development of new and existing client relationships.
Qualities & skills required
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Evidence of a good design understanding e.g. a good design portfolio
- ARB Certification
- Ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively budget
- Good Organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative as well as the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- Ability to use of the following software: Revit, Autocad, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Good experience of working in Revit
- RIBA / RIAS membership
- Good driving record
To apply for the position please email your CV/portfolio, a cover letter and your salary expectations to: alistair.cameron @ecda.co.uk .