Anderson Bell + Christie Architects are based in Glasgow and have a broad spectrum of project experience, as well as a varied ongoing workload including housing, healthcare, commercial, education and community projects ranging from £300k to £30m. We love architecture and in our office you’ll be creatively challenged and encouraged to develop and improve.
We are looking for a Part I Architectural Assistant to carry out the following responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting with projects, within parameters set by the Project Architect or Team Leader. Typical duties are set out below, but will vary from project to project:
- Assist with projects as needed under the direction of the Project Architect or Team Leader.
- Assist with the production of feasibility reports, design proposals, detail drawings, presentations, reports, applications for planning and building control, tenders and other documents as required.
- Participate in presentations, site visits, Site & Technical Meetings and other meetings as required.
- Perform assignments with guidance from others as needed.
- Seek to understand the design and technical aspects of projects.
- Research products, materials & buildings as directed.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and attend CPD seminars.
- Be aware of and adhere to principles instilled in the RIBA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Learn & comply with practices procedures and standards, including the Quality Management System, CAD Procedures, Revit Procedures and Office Policy.
- Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required by the Project Architect or Team Leader.
Ideally the successful candidate will:
- Display a good understanding of design.
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Have a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and be willing to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction.
- Ability to understand design decisions taken by others.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively budget.
- Ability to use most of the following: Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Be able to ask for advice and support when necessary; listen carefully and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Be passionate about good quality design.
- Display attention to detail and assist in the co-ordination of information.
- Have excellent team working and communication skills.
- Have excellent time management skills, particularly in managing their own deadlines.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Record evidence of their professional experience in accordance with the requirements of the RIAS/RIBA.
- Be committed to continuing their professional development.
- Provide feedback to the Project Architect and Team Leader on any issues or concerns regarding their development.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
Anderson Bell + Christie are an equal opportunities employer.
If you meet the criteria above, please email your CV and examples of both creative and technical work (10MB Limit), together with a covering letter to the email address below. Please also include your possible starting date. Please apply no later than 12.00pm on Monday 18th December 2017 for the attention of the Studio Manager, Deborah McInnes