Fixed term: 12 months
Part time: 0.8 FTE
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 05 November 2017.
The post holder will provide architecture technology support to the design and consultancy services in the Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC), which is based within the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS). You will be an integral supporting part of the DSDC Design Team specialising in products, processes, technology as well as designs and drawings for environments designed for people living with dementia. This will include care environments, domestic living environments, clinical areas and public buildings. We have a diverse workload, which includes advising on remodelling and new-build projects; providing training and undertaking building / design assessments.
The post holder will report to the Head of Design Services.
NOTE: The responsibilities may change as the university strategic priorities develop.
- HND in Architectural Technology or related field
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Working knowledge and experience of using Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office
- Strong CAD skills
- Understanding of BIM/Modelling
- Ability to present to a small group and offer architectural tours of key buildings within the University Campus; namely the Iris Murdoch Building (the first dementia friendly public building)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of current UK Building Regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team but with an ability to work under own initiative
- Well organised with great attention to detail
- Good time and cost management skills and delivery to the desired quality to exceed expectations
- Ability to solve design issues/provide technical design solutions
- An understanding of construction techniques and construction knowledge
- Willingness to undertake CPD
The University offers great benefits such as generous annual leave and membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme with employer contributions of 18%. Additionally staff can benefit from a reduced membership rate at the University's excellent Sport Centre facilities and the option of childcare vouchers through a salary sacrifice scheme.
To apply, please click here.