12-month fixed term contract
Barton Willmore is the UK’s leading independent integrated Planning and Design consultancy, led by 20 Partners and employing around 350 employees in 12 regional offices across the UK.
The Edinburgh office is based in the heart of the city centre on George Street and has 20 people specialising in Planning, Masterplanning and Architecture and 3 secretaries. The office is open plan, benefitting from a friendly and sociable atmosphere.
We are currently looking to further expand our Architecture team with a technically proficient, enthusiastic Architectural Technician who will support a busy design team by providing technical support with ongoing projects. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in high profile residential projects and to develop their skills whilst working in a multi-disciplinary and supportive team environment.
Candidates must have:
- Previous experience in an Architectural Technician / Technologist role, including production of high quality working drawings for residential projects
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A passion for good quality design
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Excellent time management skills, particularly in managing their own deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- A commitment to continuing their professional development
The ideal candidate will also have:
- An HNC / BTEC / CIAT qualification
- Knowledge of HFVN standards, building regulations, and timber frame detailing
- Experience of using Revit, Sketchup, In Design and Photoshop on a live project
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity and have the required skills and experience then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com, including details on your availability to start the position should you be successful and information on your current salary.
If you require any further information please call 0118 943 0000.
The closing date for this position is Friday 8 September 2017