An opportunity exists for a self-motivated, Architectural Technician to join our team of architects, building surveyors, architectural assistants and technicians. You should possess excellent design and communication skills and have a real desire to progress within the business, to grow the business and architecture as a discipline There is a strong work/life balance ethic in the firm and you will be rewarded with working on some of the area’s most iconic buildings.
Working mainly in the Rural sector, you will be working on domestic and commercial buildings, listed buildings and small development sites in Scotland.
- Generation of design, technical and contract documentation, including drawings and specification writing
- Assist architects and building surveyors in managing projects from inception to completion
- Delivering design and technical solutions, including detailing and upstanding of materials and building techniques
- Support to architectural team.
- Undertake and draught measured building surveys
- Producing Building Regulations compliant detailed information packages
- Occasional site visits
- Create CGI drawings (training provided)
- General office assistance
- Ask questions, interact, and discuss objectives and day to day work of the team
- Provide assistance to team members wherever possible
- Develop and maintain active communication both within your team and other teams
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Be proactive to be able to complete work required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years project experience
- Experience in building/construction/design
- CIAT qualified or other similar professional qualification
- Microsoft Office software literate
- Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD LT
- Experience in Revit LT desirable
- An interest in building conservation
- An interest in architecture
- Photoshop and illustration skills would be desirable
- The candidate should have experience with all work stages
- Full UK driving licence and own car
To apply, please email Katie Lee at Savills - firstname.lastname@example.org.