12-month fixed term contract
Barton Willmore is the UK’s leading independent integrated Planning and Design consultancy, led by 20 Partners and employing around 350 employees in 12 regional offices across the UK.
The Edinburgh office is based in the heart of the city centre on George Street and has 20 people specialising in Planning, Masterplanning and Architecture and 3 secretaries. The office is open plan, benefitting from a friendly and sociable atmosphere.
As a result of continuing success, we are currently looking to further expand the Architecture team with an enthusiastic and creative Part II Architectural Assistant. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in high profile residential projects, and to develop their skills whilst working in a multi-disciplinary and supportive team environment.
Key responsibilities of the role will include preparing designs, drawings and illustrations using AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop and Revit, contributing to the design process and preparing planning applications for residential projects, and preparing production information packages and technical information.
Candidates must have:
- A Part II Architecture qualification or international equivalent where relevant
- Residential design experience
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketchup, In Design and Photoshop
- A passion for good quality design
- An approach to design that is rooted in good site and context analysis
- A creative approach with the ability to generate and evaluate multiple solutions to design problems
- The ability to work with a high level of attention to detail and co-ordination of multiple sources of information
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Excellent time management skills, particularly in managing their own deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- A commitment to continuing their professional development
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience of using Revit on a live project
- Experience of preparing building warrant and production information packages of information
- The ability to take an independent lead on design team/technical meetings and contractor liaison
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity and have the required skills and experience then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, including details on your availability to start the position should you be successful and information on your current salary.
If you require any further information please call 0118 943 0000.
The closing date for this position is Friday 8 September 2017.