A temporary opportunity has arisen for an experienced Architectural Technician or Technologist to join our small architectural team based in Haddington, East Lothian. This is a temporary month to month placement to help out with work load, however there is the possibility of this becoming a permanent position.
The successful candidate will have a broad experience base, however experience of private domestic work is essential. Some first-hand experience of taking and developing briefs, developing design ideas and solutions would be an advantage and the ability to work with both clients and other design team members to take a project from its concept stage to completion.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including domestic, agricultural and commercial developments and there may even be the opportunity to work on the occasional stately home.
Candidates for the position will ideally have:
- A strong interest in the rural environment
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
- A working knowledge of SketchUp
- A positive & proactive attitude, initiative, motivation, responsibility and commitment
- Strong verbal, written & graphic communication skills
- A creative approach to design & problem solving
- An ability to work independently with efficiency and accuracy
- Experience in private domestic work
- A broad experience of industry sectors
- Sound basic understanding of construction detailing and specification
- A good working knowledge of current Scottish Building Standards Regulations
Terms and Conditions:
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours of work: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Holidays: 30 days per year (2.5 days per full month worked)
Salary: This will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please send your CV to Audrey Stevenson at email@example.com