An opportunity exists for a self motivated, ambitious design architect to join our team of architects, building surveyors, architectural technicians and assistants, working as part of our rural business. You should possess excellent design and communication skills and have a real desire to progress within the business, to grow the business and architecture as a discipline. There is a strong work/life balance ethic in the firm and you will be rewarded with working on some of the areas most iconic buildings.
- Development of concept design solutions in order to reach the client parameters and expectations.
- Discussing the objectives, requirements and budget of a project.
- Consulting with other professionals about design.
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals to the client.
- Advising the client on the practicality of their project.
- Keeping within financial budgets and deadlines.
- Producing detailed workings, drawings and specifications.
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
- Preparing tender applications and presentations.
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals.
- Preparing applications for planning and building control departments.
- Project managing and helping to coordinate the work of contractors.
- Controlling a project from start to finish.
- Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
- Master planning and urban design
In addition to the tasks described above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Ask questions, interact, and discuss objectives and day to day work of your team.
- Provide assistance to team members wherever possible.
- Develop and maintain active communication both within your team and other teams.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Be proactive to be able to complete work required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ARB qualified.
- Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Design flair and experience in residential.
- Revit experience desired.
- Hand sketch or illustration skills.
- Proficient in Google Sketch-up.
- Building conservation.
- The candidate should be proficient in all work stages and should be willing to evidence this.
To apply, contact Katie Lee at Savills - email@example.com.