A sensitive brief involved restoring a much-remodelled category A listed 1897 Arts and Craft House to as near as possible to its original state, albeit with a different internal layout in the extensions.
The north wing was reconstructed using photographs and copies of original drawings as was a flower corridor linking the house and stable block.
Planners were surprisingly receptive to the proposals, presumably on the basis that the principal elevations of the house were largely restored to their original format.
The opportunity was taken to incorporate insulation wherever possible to very high levels; underfloor heating was installed throughout
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.