Conservation and redevelopment of a major steading to form a Heritage and retail visitor centre 26 miles South East of Edinburgh in East Linton, access from the A1 is from junctions at Haddington and Dunbar. The steading, circa 1840, is 100 metres square around a series of open Cattle Courts. The buildings form a range of single, 11/2 and 2 storey spaces required to over-winter cattle and horses, mill and store grain. The design conserves the stone perimeter buildings with one new roof over the internal courtyards, not visible from the exterior. Careful planning ensures that minimal alterations are required to the historic structures. Project architects were Baxter Clark and Paul.
Phantassie Heritage LLP-Vivian Linacre Estates and Rennie Meikle Ltd
Budget Costing: £7m
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.