The transformation of this semi-detached house is not evident from outside. Unaltered since it's construction in 1953, the building began life as a council house. Though prioritising the basics required after more than 50 years, the brief called for a 'large light living space'. With the exception of generous 1950's windows nothing in the original dwelling contributed to this request. Ultimately, the design included not only the essentials of re-wiring, insulation and more but also the unexpected open and light Kitchen/Dining/Living areas at the heart of the house. Winner of 'New Life for Old Buildings' IAA Award, Moray 2008
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.