Originally built in 1903 but lying empty from 2000-2006 the Highland Council decided to convert this building into offices to bring together all their different departments scattered throughout Sutherland. The brief was to adapt the existing building to satisfy modern office standards, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and the Disabled Discrimination Act. Alterations to the building were complicated by the fact that it is categorised as Grade B Listed, giving rise to Historic ScotlandÍs strict requirements of no alterations to external fabric and the retention of all internal and external features. Work was completed in March 2008 and the final result has returned into the public arena a fine early 20th century building which formed an important part of the local history.
GOLSPIE KW10 6TA
Mr Colin Armstrong
The Highland Council
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.