Pattern Design is an architectural practice based in London, Edinburgh and Lima which specialises in parametric rule-based design. Pattern Design carries out high profile stadia and master-planning projects internationally.
We are looking for an Interior Designer to fill a key role within our Edinburgh team for high profile projects in the Sports and Leisure sector. They will be a design orientated candidate who will work closely with the Senior Interior Designer and dedicated team.
In order to be suitably qualified for this role, we are looking for candidates with the relevant experience, who will have the following:
• Interior Design degree qualification.
• 3+ years construction industry experience.
• To support the Senior Interior Designer and design team with any drawing and design development.
• Offer input to creative meetings and promote sharing of ideas.
• Contribute to design concepts and design development.
• Take an active role in all stages of design projects.
• Assist in presentation of design concepts.
• Meet with suppliers and source new finishes and materials.
• Contribute to client presentations.
• A flair for design and a creative view to your work
• Comfortable working collaboratively in a team on large scale projects.
• Experience of large-scale commercial interiors delivering design services including specification of finishes, preparing and producing detailed drawing packages.
• Revit experience is an advantage, but not essential for the right candidate.
• Knowledge of Adobe and InDesign are beneficial.
• A high level of passion, energy, enthusiasm and creativity is essential.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
The candidate will have excellent spoken and written English, additional languages are an advantage. Pattern is an equal opportunities employer with a strong emphasis on teamwork in a supportive office environment.
The role will Include, but is not limited to:
• Have a detailed knowledge of materials, finishes and detailing.
• Selecting and preparing samples, schedules and graphic presentations for client approval.
• Creating specifications and drawings demonstrating spatial design, furnishings and fittings.
• Coordination of interiors designs/finishes with Structural & MEP services consultant designs.
• Preparing accommodation designs, drawings and schedules for all Interiors finishes.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Portfolio and salary expectation, using the reference “Interior Designer Role - Edinburgh” in the email subject.
Applicants must reside and be eligible to work in the UK. During Covid Lockdowns, must be able to work from home with a standard internet connection, and collect equipment from our Edinburgh office.
No recruitment agencies.
3 June 2020
14 June 2020