CIOB is partnering with Architecture and Design Scotland, to run a series of CPDs.
The event will cover:
Stone selection & matching
- Why stone matching is an essential part of any masonry repair
- Identifying suitable quarries
- Implications of a failed stone match
Repair and restoration of historic masonry
- Correct detailing for masonry structures
- Common causes of damage and how to eliminate them
- The range of techniques for repair and restoration
Flat roofing repair and maintenance
- Carbon Capturing Flat Roofing Materials
- Safe use of heat and alternatives to heat
- Guarantees - who is guaranteeing what
- NFRC Householders Guide to Flat Roofing
These CPD's will be provided by experts from the Stone Federation GB, British Geological Survey and National Federation Of Roofing Contractors. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about each of the subjects in the context of the fascinating Mackintosh Building Restoration.
For more information and booking, please click here.