About the project
Joiner's Cottage Renovation and Conversion of the former Joiner's Workshop to a new Cottage. Construction drawings by Frances and John Farquharson Architects of Haddington, dated 1875, came from the estate archive. As part of an East Lothian Estate the Joiner's Workshop had not been used for many years, the two storey house had inadequate insulation and services and was damp and very difficult to keep warm. Splitting the property into two compact houses for rental has allowed roofs and floors to be well insulated, new services to be installed and the fabric to be repaired. The Workshop Cottage is now equipped for Wheelchair access.