This is the latest version of this contract.
Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) (PCSA/Scot)
- for the supply of pre-construction services by a Contractor selected under a two-stage tendering procedure; and
- where the main contract is to be the SBCC Standard Building Contract, Design and Build Contract, Minor Works or Major Project Construction Contract.
Can be used:
- whether or not the Contractor is to be responsible for any design work;
- where there is to be novation to the Contractor of any specialist sub-contract(s) or supply contract(s) or (in the case of a Design and Build Contract or Major Project Construction Contract) any consultancy agreement(s);
- by both private and local authority employers; and
- (with minor adaptation) in a SBCC Construction Management procurement, for the provision of pre-construction services by prospective Trade Contractors.
Not suitable for use:
- between the Employer and specialist sub-contractors (except as prospective Trade Contractors in a SBCC Construction Management procurement - but see also paragraph 7 of the Guidance Notes);
- between a Contractor and a sub-contractor; or
- in conjunction with the SBCC Management Building Contract.