This is the current version of this contract.
- where the work involved is simple in character;
- where the work is designed and the requirements for the contractor’s design of discrete part(s) are detailed by or on behalf of the Employer, and where the Contractor is required to design those part(s) of the work (Contractor’s Design Portion);
- where the Employer is to provide drawings and/or work schedules to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work: and
- where an Architect/Contract Administrator or Quantity Surveyor, if appointed, is to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- by both private and local authority employers;
- where bills of quantities are required.
- where provisions are required to govern work carried out by named specialists.
- as a design and build contract;
- where detailed control procedures are needed.
- where warranties are required.