NEW DECEMBER 2016
This is the current version of this contract.
• where the work involved is simple in character;
• where the work is designed by on or on behalf of the Employer;
• where the Employer is to provide drawings and/or a specification and/or work schedules to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work: and
• where an Architect/Contract Administrator or a Quantity Surveyor, if appointed, is to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
• by both private and local authority employers;
• where bills of quantities are required.
• where detailed control procedures are needed;
• where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works, even though all the other criteria are met – consider using the Minor Works Building Contract with contractor’s design for use in Scotland (MWD/Scot)