This is NOT the current version of this contract - Limited Stock.
THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE IN ENGLAND, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
The JCT Contracts 2011 edition reflects new payment legislation and makes other changes which include:
- A revised Insolvency definition in the Termination section
- The revised Terrorism Cover provisions that were included in JCT's December 2009 Update
- The provision for appointment of the principal contractor under CDM Regulations has been extended to cover that function under the Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008
- Statutory reference to the Bribery Act 2010
- Entries in respect of PI insurance relating to asbestos and fungal mould have been removed
- Revised retention provisions in the sub-contracts
JCT 2011 Intermediate Building Contract (IC)
- Where the proposed building works are of simple content involving the normal, recognised basic trades and skills of the industry, without building service installations of a complex nature or other complex specialist work
- Where the works are designed by or on behalf of the Employer, where fairly detailed contract provisions are necessary and the Employer is to provide the Contractor with drawings and a specification, work schedules or bills of quantities to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work
- Where a Contract Administrator and Quantity Surveyor are to administer the conditions
This contract provides more detailed provisions and more extensive control procedures than the Minor Works Building Contract (MW) but less detailed than the Standard Building Contract (SBC).
Can be used:
- Where the works are to be carried out in sections
- By both private and local authority employers;where provisions are required to cover named specialists
Not suitable: where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works, even though all the other criteria are met consider Intermediate Building Contract with contractor's design (ICD).