This is not the current version of this contract. To order the current version click here.
Any orders placed for this contract will be treated as special orders and will have extended delivery / collection timescales.
- where detailed contract provision are necessary and Employer’s Requirements have been prepared and provided to the Contractor;
- where the Contractor is not only to carry out and complete the works, but also to complete the design; and
- where the Employer employs an agent (who may be an external consultant or employee) to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- where the works are to be carried out in sections
- by both private and local authority employers;
Where the Contractor’s design responsibility is restricted to discreet parts of the works and he is not responsible for completing the design for the whole works, consideration should be giving to using one of the SBCC contracts that provide for the employment of an Architect/Contract Administrator and limited design input by the Contractor.
The 2011 Edition is intended for use following the implementation of the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009 on 1 November 2011.