Looking for a new challenge?
The RIAS are recruiting for an experienced architect to work within the practice services team informing content and supporting members.
The practice team plays a significant role in the commercial development of the RIAS, the member experience and how the RIAS supports architects in Scotland. We are looking for an experienced and detail focused Technical Advisor who will continue to maintain the rigour and insight within the technical capacity of the practice team to reflect the vision and ambition of the RIAS and our members.
This role is ideal for someone looking to expand beyond traditional practice and wanting to support the profession move forward.
• Proven experience in an architectural role,
• Recent experience of practising architecture across all stages of the RIBA plan of work,
• Interest and knowledge of contract administration processes,
• Proven ability to understand complex technical information and transpose into plain English text,
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel,
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities,
• The ability to act with tact and diplomacy with individuals from a variety of situations and backgrounds,
• Flexible approach to the job,
• Excellent standards of customer service.
• Experience of managing teams within an architectural context,
• Part three qualification,
• Experience of practice management,
• Previous experience of writing for publication,
• Experience of design in a wide range of architectural typologies.
Please send your CV and covering statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to RIAS, 15 Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2BE
Deadline: The deadline for applications is Friday 11th February 2022. Interviews will be held virtually in February.