RIAS Quarterly is the member journal for the RIAS.
RIAS Quarterly showcases quality architecture in Scotland and internationally. The journal features a vibrant selection of the most thoughtful and stimulating writing on architecture in the UK with an emphasis on cogent analysis, in-depth coverage of significant projects, insightful profiles of key figures and essential business updates for the profession.
Internationally renowned figures contribute to RIAS Quarterly. To date the publication has included features by Ian Ritchie of Ian Ritchie Architects and David Mackay of Barcelona-based MBM.
RIAS Quarterly regular slots include book reviews, a student section and a Q&A interview with prominent figures, such as Karen Anderson, the Chair of Architecture + Design Scotland, and Petra Biberbach, Chief Executive of Planning Aid Scotland. Each issue includes an in-depth technical section, highlighting important legislative updates, making the publication a must-read for the architectural community.
RIAS Quarterly is an A4 full colour, perfect bound publication with a print run of 5,000 and an estimated readership of c. 15,000. As a key member benefit it is distributed directly to c. 4,200 RIAS members with further copies circulated to key businesses, politicians and other opinion formers and some available for sale in selected bookshops at a cover price of £10.
View/download back issues of RIAS Quarterly:
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 1 (Spring 2010)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 2 (Summer 2010)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 3 (Autumn 2010)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 4 (Winter 2010)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 5 (Spring 2011)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 6 (Summer 2011)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 7 (Autumn 2011)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 8 (Winter 2011)
- RIAS Quarterly Issue 9 (Spring 2012)
- RIAS Quarterly Issue 10 (Summer 2012)
- RIAS Quarterly, Issue 11 (Autumn 2012)